Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Estoy yendo viajar a la España en tres días

Which is only slightly disconcerting. I'm not nearly as prepared as I think I ought to be. I'm rubbish at preparation. I imagine that Friday night/Saturday I'll get into looking up a whole bunch of things but right now I'm totally unprepared. I'm okay with that actually and a little excited. I've never enjoyed being prepared. Let's just go get lost in a country that doesn't speak English.

That was another thing. It was my plan to try to get back into Spanish. I know a fair bit and can understand people when they speak sometimes and can read it but I can't speak it a bit. Takes me forever to come up with a sentence. I was hoping to maybe learn a bit more, which I have, but still not as much as I'd like. I'm actually in the midst of writing a letter completely in Spanish to a friend.

Other things I should probably look into:

Where the hell I'm going to sleep
Where/what the hell I'm going to eat
Getting a tent (either here or once I get to Spain)
Transportation from various cities.
Maps?
Learning useful phrases that I don't know cause I think there are a couple out there that I don't quite know.

Here's one thing I have figured out: An actual travel itinerary, rather, the places I want to and figure I have time to visit. Whether I get to them all or get distracted by something else stands to reason. I do get distracted very easily. Anyways, here's where I plan on going: Málaga, Ronda, Setenil de las Bodegas, Gibraltar, Cadíz, Sevilla, Corbóda, Granada, Albacete, Tarragona, Barcelona.

If there's time left, I'll hit up Madrid too. No Guernica unfortunately ¡Que lástima! Just not enough time I think. Three weeks, 11 cities I think is probably pushing it, especially considering the distance I need to cover.

Oh, there's also the fact that I haven't gotten a flight home yet. Might wanna look into that sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment