Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Thoughts on Glasgow.

So, I've been living in Glasgow for almost a week right now and here's some brief thoughts about it.

Awesome Things

- Fucking Castles
- People I've met
- Ceilidh's
- Oran Mor
- Irn Bru
- Coffee Shops

Pretty Cool Things

- I haven't been ID'd once (drinking age is 18)
- How you can pay for stuff in exact change. (If a sign says 4 pounds, it costs 4 pounds. No tax added after going to the register).
- The 78
- Cool looking trees out here.
- Cheap liquor
- Cheap cell phone rates (I caved and got one. Only 7p a minute to call Canada which is cheaper than calling Canada from inside Canada).
- Rad little cinema place having all night Indiana Jones this Saturday starting at midnight.

Kinda Bad Things

- The park I live near is pretty notorious for muggings and rape.
- My building is made out of stupid.
- I killed my clock.
- Rain (Though the last couple days have been nice and though I usually enjoy the rain, there are limits for everything.)

Really Shitty Things

- Fucking registration
- How the Math department decided that they didn't need to send anyone down to the information session.
- How I'm still not even remotely registered for any classes and how I'm fairly certain that half the classes I wanted/needed to take, don't exist this year because apparently keeping your website up to date is too fucking hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment