Thursday, August 6, 2009

Various thoughts and happenings

- I'm debating whether or not to apply to be a blogger for Go Global. On one hand it'd be cool but on the other hand I'd have to write 'acceptable' material about what I'm doing twice a month. Also, I'd have to write the 250 word sample topic on either: a) applying for Go Global (presumably my version of that would be obscenity laced). or b) some trip you went on sometime. I think I probably will apply

- I almost got hit by a car today. Some guy decided at the stop sign that " Oh hey a stop sign, I think I'll not look both ways before proceeding because I need to turn right. That means that traffic will only be coming from the left so I can focus all my attention on the le - OH SHIT A KID ON A BIKE!". Needless to say, I was on the right and I was watching him not paying any attention to me right up until I skidded to a stop almost in front of him as he cut me off. Anyways, no harm was done except for that I BROKE MY FUCKING BRAKE LINE. So yeah... next time he pulls that shit, I'm just gonna fly right into the front of his nice shiny SUV cause my breaking power is now significantly reduced. Actually, in hindsight, I shouldave ran into him. I had the right of way so no legal issues and at the speed I was going I wouldn't have been hurt at all. His SUV however, would be nice and dented.

- It turns out that I'm pretty good at writing all scientificy.

- I just watched Tony Jaa fight a frickin' crocodile. Sadly though, the movie itself looks like a shit sandwich. Too much 'Hollywood magic' not enough 'Hey guys, let's videotape Tony Jaa being fucking awesome while he's not watching'. The realism was what sold me on the last one. This one seems more like "Is it him, or is he cheating like everyone else in the movies?".

- This article makes me angry. Not the article itself but the people in the comments section who go "THIS IS A STUPID WASTE OF MONEY. A FIVE YEAR OLD COULD TELL YOU THAT A CELL PHONE DISTRACTS YOU FROM DRIVING. THIS WAS A WASTE OF TIME. SCIENTISTS ARE IDIOTS". Dear people who think this, please smack your head into a wall repeatedly until your brain looks like San Fransico circa 1906 because you clearly don't understand how the concept of freedom works and I can't have you being functional enough to speak anymore. Obviously it's a distraction, I agree with you there. Y'know what else is a distraction? The radio. Also: having a passenger, drinking coffee, adjusting the AC, rolling down windows, pretty much everything you do inside a vehicle is a fucking distraction. This is why it's important to find out how much of a distraction something is before you outright ban it. If the government banned the use of cellphones in cars without having some significant evidence (AKA several scientific studies with similiar claims) of how dangerous it is, they could just as well ban the radio on the same grounds.

- Seriosuly MTV? Please just admit that you now longer have any musical relevence. How the hell can Lady Gaga/Britney Spears/Kayne West/Eminem be your forerunners when an unbelievably fantastic album was put out by The Decemberists this year. Last I checked, Kayne's last album was an autotuned piece of shit, even by the standards of people who like Kayne. Britney was musically irrelavent about a decade ago and has been riding her star power ever since (also: penis, lots of penis), Lady Gaga is pretty much just Madonna and Marilyn Mansons love child - except all she does is make really terrible double entendres overtop of a computer loop and calls it music. Eminem is continuesly sliding ever further into the "HOLY FUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY EARS" half of the line he used to ride so carefully between "HOLY FUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY EARS" and "Hey, from a poetical point of veiw this is actually pretty okay. Not as music, but as a poem, I could dig this I guess". The worst part is that they have Russell Brand hosting so I actually want to watch it, even though it'll just be two hours of me going "Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me". Actually... I take everything back, Russell Brand should get all the awards. And REM too cause they just released a song today.

- BC is getting shafted once again by their government. I'm glad I won't be living here shortly.

- I saw my ex-roomate a couple of days ago which means that he hasn't been deported like I suspected. His internet is no longer showing up when I search for networks so I got hopeful. Though I suppose this means he can't afford internet which I think is pretty funny.

- I think Reservoir Dogs and The Usual Suspects have the best movie endings ever and I watched them both last weekend for the first time and my brain is still going crazy trying to wrap itself around them

- I am incredibly curious as to what would have happened during the police riots at the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago if instead of all the hippies saying,

"Um, so there's like 10,000 of us and we're gonna hang out in this park over here to protest the war in Vietnam. Also, if it's cool with you, we'd like to walk down and stand outside the convention on the last day to protest it. If it's possible we'd like to sleep at the park too but if not I guess we'll just sleep wherever in your city. We're all non-violent and none of us wanna start fights or anything so I think having 23,000 police/National Guardsmen is a bit overkill. Peace and love to all"

They had said,

"So, there's like 10,000 of us and we'd like to have a peaceful protest in your park. Also we'd like to march down to where the convention is being held on the last day to protest us. This whole event is non-violent so I think it's a bit silly bringing in 23,000 police/National Guardsmen. Oh also, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US BROUGHT A GUN. So, y'know, we can both be cool about everything and not have any violence but if you fuck with us please realize that we'll turn your fucking city into a warzone. Peace and love to all".

No comments:

Post a Comment