Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Horizon is a Beltway That We May Never Cross

I'm figuring out more and more that I'm far better at running away from things than running towards them, both mentally and physically - and more often than not, both simultaneously. I do that alot, when I'm angry or upset (which is actually fairly rare); try to push myself to my physical limits.

Jogging the 5k to a friends flat out of anticipation and excitement (and the fact that I prefer running to walking) towards something that could be pretty fantastic, took it out of me slightly. I had to sit on the stairs outside, mostly because the cheese and fries I ate was disagreeing with me but also partly because I was tired and needed composure.

Running the 5k back home from that flat out of anger and 'I-really-couldn't-give-a-fuck-right-now', away from something that could be pretty fantastic, was easy. I hardly felt it and I went quicker on the way back, forced myself to be faster (did it in 20 mins). Didn't need to stop - didn't even feel the need to stop. Only felt running and running away.

No comments:

Post a Comment