Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This generations Rimbaud?

I certainly am not...

but that won't stop me from writing poems. First though, a story! A real life truthsome actually happened to me story!


I was sitting around at the airport waiting for my roomie to get in. His flight had been delayed by like six hours and it was late and night and the airport was basically deserted and I had a good hour to kill before he landed. So, I went wandering around and found this fanciful looking lounge type area upstairs where you can watch the planes land for. All the lights were out and I'm not actually sure if I was allowed there but no one tasered me, cut off my clothes and began probing my every orafice for some sort of doomsday device so I think it was okay.


Anyways, it was really quiet and peaceful and really relaxing so I thought about meditating but then I decided to write a poem. Only there was one fatal flaw to my plan, I had nothing to write on.


So I started writing on my arm as per natural and then decided that I was better than that and went off in search of paper-ish material. Then, using my ingenuity, charm, and boyish good looks I went into the bathroom and snagged a bunch of toilet paper and then wrote this poem on it


PS- I think that was the worst story I ever told... shuttup, that lounge was frickin' pretty and deserved mention somehow.


Catch a piece of air
Floating through her hair?
That scent of scent
A symphony
Possesses me

Study lines around excited eyes
With wild words floating past
Grabbed one
Liked it
Gone too fast

Roman thistles on her breath
Make shivers, pinpricks on my neck
Chills and thrills
to the bone
paralyzes


I wrote it about a girl that I happen to really fancy and maybe I will show it to her one day maybe?


D'ya think she'd like it?


I hope so



No comments:

Post a Comment