Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life is good

My last few posts have been kindave downers which is a bit odd because right now life is goodtimes. Not specifically right this instant - I have stuff I should be doing and things I should be learning but in the nearish future things are gonna be fricking sweet. I've got a sweet-ass job doing math for the university over summer which most importantly means I won't have to spend my summer at my hometown. It's not that I don't like home, it's just that last summer I very nearly went batshit crazy and ran away forever. Even though that was the mixed result of a few different things that were going on making me hate the world, being home had alot to do with it. Home is nice, for a week or two, any longer than that and... well, it's time to leave.

Almost as importantly, I'm actually excited for this job. The math I'm doing isn't boring - well... the math is boring but the stuff it's being used for isn't. In a nutshell, I'm gonna be modelling population cycles of the snowshoe hare and finding out the effects of general predation. Which is actually really interesting, mostly because I really dig geography and ecology and environmental studies. How hard the actual work will be I don't know... I actually have no real idea yet how I'm even going to do any of this but that's all good.

Also: When I finish my job I'm going to Scotland for school which... I dunno... I'll wait until I'm in Scotland before I say anything. I mean, it'll be awesome but how awesome stands to reason. I think I'm only going there to get as far away as possible from everyone. I've been wanting to get away since grade 9. I thought University would be far enough and it was for a while but now... I just need/want to get away from everyone. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and family but I think it'll do alot of good not seeing any of them for 8 months. That's one of the main things I have against the internet. I love not knowing what's going on in people's lives. I love finally seeing them after way-too-long-a-period-of-time and listening to them spurt off everything I've missed at a hundred miles a minute. Above all, I frickin' love letters. <----- Best invention ever. I really wish more people would send them, even if they aren't adressed to me. The people who really matter, they'll keep in touch even if it's a giant hassle. Internet makes it too easy, too many people who should drift away don't. Also Also: I got a poem published, go me I guess? I still find the fact that I, of all people, enjoy poems to be a screwed up beyond all belief but hey, I got one published -> suck on that angsty myspace teens. Though I guess facebook is all the rage now...

Side note: Hooray for proof reading. Originally that last bit read as "suck on the angsty myspace teens". Fruedian slip much? I hope not.

Also Also Also: (I really need a better way to start a new idea). Some writer guy told me I was very good at words and that he liked my story. Go me again I guess? Of course I'm good at words - I practice them every day.

Oh! And I've saved the best part (well best to me part) for last. Are you ready? Cause this is gonna blow your frickin' mind. It's only about the awesomest thing since the 1950's. I have a month off between finishing my job and starting school in Scotland, so I've decided that I'm gonna hitchhike out to Ontario and visit with family before leaving. How cool is that. "Alot cool" is what you should be saying but I will also accept "I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU FOR BEING SO AWESOME!!1!" as an anwer.

Okay I lied, I didn't save the best part for last. The best part is that I'm finished with this post and gonna go have a bowl of ice cream. Ice cream is Yummytimes in my mouth, guys! You should really check it out one day if you already haven't.

PS - I think you should all go check out a band called "Fairport Convention" cause they are wow. However, I don't like how wikipedia claims that they invented "Electric Folk" in 1969 when clearly Bob Dylan invented it in 1965 with his bone shatteringly blood boilingly orgasmic album "Bringing It All Back Home". This is actually the first time I've ever seen Wiki be blatently wrong, now I can finally believe my profs. Anyways - Fairport Convention = Good stuff. Alot of this has to do with how Sandy Denny has the voice of an angel, like seriously. She snuck up behind an angel at a "singing voice" bank and robbed that angel clean out just as soon as the ATM spat out a whole bunch of singing cred. True story, I saw the security vid - they couldn't arrest Sandy though cause she had the voice of an angel and it's illegal to arrest angels so then Robert Plant asked her to sing on Battle of Evermore and she was all like "HOLY SHIT I GET TO KINDAVE BE IN LED ZEPPELIN FOR LIKE 3 AND A HALF MINUTES". Moral of the story is that if steal shit from angels Robert Plant will ask you to sortof be in Zeppelin.

Also: If you dig Fairport/Sandy Denny, you should also check out Trees, The Incredible String Band and Pentangle. Interesting point: Pentangle released 12 studio albums, 1 live album and 14 compilations.

As a final note, I'd like to add that I'd probably marry Sandy Denny if she didn't die in 1978.

No comments:

Post a Comment